- Have you ever browsed a site that you found beautiful in itself, only to discover that in your language is shaky, with gross grammar mistakes or mispelling?
- Would you trust someone who doesn’t put the utmost attention to present their creations or services? Wouldn’t that sound as a “don’t have time” or “don’t care” attitude?
- Have you ever exited from a site because it was not set also in your language, even if that site sold beautiful things?
Several studies and surveys have demonstrated that consumers who can’t read English don’t buy products or services on English-language websites.
I found many interesting sites I would have been happy to buy from, but then I changed my mind, when I saw that the Italian version was missing or had been clearly translated using some machine or given to someone who obviously didn’t know that you write cappuccino with a double p and c.
I want to feel that behind the screen there is a real person caring for me and my needs.
Therefore what you need — and expect – is a beautifully crafted, polished text in a different language, one that does not sound like a translation: the goal of every translator.
A text that can inspire people, one that convinces them that they are in the right place to visit that monument, to buy that perfume or that dress, an airline ticket or an awesome tour.
How do I work on your text?
- (eco)tourism & hotellerie (with all its implications, like aviation services, food & wine industry, tourist activities and places to visit)
- marketing (press releases, brochures, advertisements)
- art & literature (essays, biographies, art exhibitions)
- technical (hot runners & molds, automotive field from my previous employment; use of sustainable materials such as glass, electric vehicles, eco-friendly architecture)
Once I have evaluated the text and set a reasonable deadline, we can discuss the linguistic/social aspect you want to highlight in your translation (i.e. who is the target audience? Who is the text aimed to? Millennials? Or maybe more “aged” people? What is the feeling you want to convey? How do you want your audience to feel when they read the translated text? Relaxed, welcomed? Or do you need a more formal, detached language, for example for a business presentation or press release?).
When all is set I start translating, paying particular attention to all those little details that usually “betray” a translation:
• the text not sounding Italian
• poor care of cultural details, or typical expressions/puns
Typos and grammatical mistakes are obviously beyond doubt.
- You believe in the beauty of words and in the power they have to change the world, and you want a translator who can reflect the passion and enthusiasm that you’ve put into your text
- You are, or are planning, to sell products or services abroad (namely in the Italian market), and need a text that “hits the target”
- You want to give your text to a professional with many years of experience in specific fields, and you want to rest assured that you deal firsthand with a person who “knows what it is all about”
- You want the translation to sound as naturally as possible, as if it had never even been translated, in order to attract a wider audience in a different language
- You just need a language pair and simply want to transfer words to another language
- You need things done fast and have a very low budget. I’m sorry, but in that case I have to take a step back. I will be glad to give you someone else’s name; I believe that every beautiful thing needs time, care, and passion, and this has to be taken into account when asking for a serious translation service. After all, have you ever seen a flower blossom in just one day?
Want to know more? Here I am! 🙂 Send me a request using the form here below, I’ll be glad to share all the steps we are going to do to create a little wonder!
Let’s start a conversation
Enter here below your details with a brief request of what you need. I’ll reply as soon as possible to discuss it further!